Since Jon had Friday off, Saturday felt like our second Saturday. It was wonderful! Especially since we didn't get to really start the actual tiling. Jon worked on the tiling and I set a goal to (finally) go through my winter clothes that had been stored in the attic and either a) put them in my closet, b) throw them away, or c) donate them. The box was at the foot of our bed for months. It's wonderful to have it out of there.
Quite frankly I do not recall what else we did on Saturday. Oh! We had Clark over for a few hours. He is such a good boy and it was fun for Ellie to have someone watch. The poor child sat in Ellie's high chair for probably over an hour -- not at the same time. While I was preparing dinner at 5:30 he was starting to become clingy so I put him in and he ate. Then while we were eating dinner at 7:30 (yes, it's late, I know) he sat in the high chair for some more food. Basically he seemed hungry still so I showed him some options from the fridge. He settled on vanilla yogurt.
 |
| Dinner round one. Don't worry, I sliced the banana up. |
Omar came over to hang out and call Efra in Puebla with Jon so I decided to make ham, mashed potatoes, rolls, and a salad. I needed some ham for a soup recipe that I wanted to try so I bought a larger size for ham and pineapple sauce. I could eat that meal every day!
On Sunday we went to church in the morning and came home for lunch. I had made a full recipe of mashed potatoes which worked out for eating with our other leftovers: grilled chicken. Jon heated everything up while I took care of Ellie. Generally I spend a few hours taking a nap on Sunday afternoon if nothing is happening but I decided to finally make Kelly's Christmas present cosmetic bag. I had made her one but had made a mistake so I wanted to make the correct one. I finished everything except for the tab on the zipper. Somehow I threw away my piece of scrap fabric I usually use for it so I need to find something that will work. Who knows how I threw it away - I don't throw anything away!
Sunday evening we went to prayer meeting and afterwards everyone was invited to the Stoltzfus' to ice skate on the rink they made. It looks great! Neither Jon or I brought our skates but we really just wanted to go and hang out at the bonfire and drink the free hot chocolate. But really, we saw it as a fun way to see people way might not normally talk to. Ryan and Tara Frey were there so I sat with Tara and we planned a girls' night for when the men are away on the men's retreat on Friday.
 |
| All bundled up |
It was twenty-five degrees outside so Ellie was wrapped up in her winter onesie suit and it was so tight she could hardly move her limbs. We also had a blanket on her and she eventually fell asleep on Jon's shoulder. We stayed out past her bedtime which perhaps threw her off because she woke up several times throughout the night. Hopefully tonight will be better!
 |
Rolls everywhere! And this is Ellie's new favorite position. Legs in the air! |
 |
| Exersaucering |
 |
| Helping Dad out. |
 |
| Our little gnome |
 |
| Supervising |
 |
| It's a start! |
 |
| The shower pattern for the top |
 |
| Ellie's first TV dinner |
 |
| Jon driving with the big mirror in the snow Friday night |
Previous post comment: Did Jon order Orchata? That place sounds great! I think Ellie and Emy are in cahoots about the rolling over thing. They both can but they are both just messing with us!
ReplyDelete