Wednesday, November 14, 2012

A Walk in the Cold

Yesterday I used the last of the milk for our tomato soup at lunch so I told Jon that I would make eggs for breakfast. Jon went running at French Creek with Mark DiAddezio so he woke me up before hopping in the shower. I slowly drug myself out of bed and made us eggs and toast. It worked out to have motive for waking up since I also had Precepts at 9:15. Before I got in the shower I looked at my schedule and saw that I was signed up to go into Iron Mountains at 10:45 for a car seat fitting. I ended up being a bit late out the door but arrived before study began. Ellie was not being very cooperative and actually was noisy during Mimi's prayer. I ended up feeding her then taking her once she began talking again to the nursery and put her down for a nap. I asked the girls if it would be ok to leave her there and they said yes. I told them they could either hold her when she woke up or just come and get me. There was only an hour left for study so technically she could have slept the entire time if it wasn't too loud and if they popped her pacifier in when she fussed. But when I went to pick her up she was awake and looking a bit tired. Oh well! No big deal.
Clark was in nursery and scooted on over to say goodbye. Actually he wanted to check the safety of the car seat before he goes in. That boy loves an empty car seat!
We headed over to Iron Mountains and actually surprised Jon since I had forgotten to tell him about our appointment. Ellie was a bit on edge but she just fussed here and there but held it together. Jon took her to show her his cubicle but she was not impressed. I tried to explain that the broken pack'n'plays were actually projects he was working on but Ellie just thought it was trash.
Ellie and I went home and I put the very tired girl down for a nap before eating some lunch. After lunch I washed Jon's running clothes since he wants them for Friday. I also cleaned up the kitchen and living room and prepared for my 3:00 piano lesson.
Kaitlyn came right at 3:00. I prepared a bottle since Ellie was still sleeping but I secretly was hoping she would remain sleeping. I set up the sound machine and closed her door a bit but to no avail: Ellie woke up about halfway through the lesson. I went and got her from her crib then fed her the bottle while we continued the lesson. Ellie proceeded to fill her diaper and wanted to look around. Eventually I was able to set her on her back on the floor where she could see us still. She wasn't terrible but I felt bad for the McCoachs. I think next week I'll try to pawn her off on somebody...just to give Kaitlyn a break.
After they left I taped together a package for Caleb and changed into some workout clothes. Jon called and asked if he could host prayer group and I said yes. I then dropped the package off at the post office and took Ellie over to High Point. I had wanted to go to Elverson to walk but it was getting late so I decided to stay closer to home. Plus, I didn't know how long Ellie would last since she'd been awake for a while. We ended up walking for about 20 minutes around the camp - I went over 1.3 miles. Although it was a balmy 43 degrees I definitely felt the cold! I need thicker pants.
I had pulled some chili out of the freezer for dinner so it was already warming up in the crockpot when Jon came home from work. He spent some time hanging out with Ellie while I cleaned up the kitchen. We finally moved the table back into the center of the room after having it pushed against the wall for the party. Sad, I know.
Ellie went to bed after sitting in the high chair for the first 10 minutes of dinner. She was looking very dazed and her eyes were getting ready so I laid her down and she went right to sleep. At 6:45 I packed her up and we headed to Brittany's house. Ellie is a very good sport when it comes to me waking her up. She lasted for a bit during study then I fed her and put her to sleep in Brittany's cradle upstairs. Their staircase is open enough that I can hear if she is crying (I had figured that out during the week of prayer). It was nice to have a study where I could focus on the group. Ellie slept until I woke her up to head home after 10:00. Jon held her briefly before I fed her again and now she's in bed sleeping for the night.

Ellieisms:
Ellie likes to see what is going on. When we were on our walk I tried to close the stroller canopy so that her face wouldn't get any wind but she would cry whenever she couldn't see out of the stroller. Instead I put the blanket up to her cheeks so she could still see.
Ellie is a drooling mess! I like to have a burp cloth on hand for her drool more so than for her spit up.
All bundled up 
Sleeping

2 comments:

  1. Hmm I wonder if the drooling means she's teething? (Calla teethed at 4 months). Has she always been a drooler?

    I can't believe u went for an outdoor walk in 43 degrees! Brrr! Maybe Ellie wore her warm white bunting thing? (-:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can't believe how attentive she is! Emily does not give a hoot if she can see what's going on or not, especially if it's 43 degrees!

    ReplyDelete