Sunday, November 25, 2012

Sunday Snowflakes

After I finished writing the blog last night I finished folding the laundry while Jon worked on our pile of receipts. I went into the kitchen at 11:15 to find Jon heating up some turkey and macaroni and cheese leftovers. He said he wanted to eat something since he was going to be up late anyway working on receipts. His goal was to finish them last night. I got all ready for bed then had pity on the poor man and went down to help. Reading off the receipts to Jon while he put the data in the computer expedited the process exponentially. Together we got caught up in about an hour. By the time we were in bed trying to fall asleep it was 1:15. Ellie then woke up at 2:00, 4:30, and 7:45. I thought for sure I'd be nodding off during the sermon.
Our small group was once again signed up to staff the gathering room so Jon agreed to arrive at 8:15 to set up the coffee and whatnot. Having woken up late I noticed that Jon was already up, showered, and eating by the time Ellie was finished her feeding. He came over to say goodbye and I threw out the idea of him taking Ellie with him and he said yes! I quickly changed baby girl (she wore the white outfit from the Brust cousins today, thanks!) and off they went. I was able to get ready all alone! Somehow I was still 15 minutes late to church.
My Sunday School class was just having a breakfast social so I split my time between there and the gathering room so that Jon could go to his Sunday School class. Lori Frisco held Ellie for almost half of the service so I was baby free a lot. I took baby down to the nursery between services with her bottle and told them that she should be hungry and tired (whoops...not the best combination). Eric Stratton led worship and Jere Scott Bradshaw preached. It was a good service.
After the service I picked up Ellie and they said she drank her entire bottle (6 oz) in two feedings and stayed awake the entire time. I wasn't surprised when she fell asleep in the sanctuary when she was being held by Jess Steiner and then didn't flinch when she transfered her back to me. While we were hanging out in the sanctuary post service it was snowing outside! Ellie's first snow. Although they were sizable flakes it didn't amount to anything since it stopped by our arrival home.
Thanksgiving leftovers made for a delicious lunch. Jon prepared our plates while I put Ellie down for her nap. Our small group had a Downton Abbey marathon planned so I prepared chili and cornbread while squeezing a nap in before our departure at 3:30. We spent the next five hours watching Downton Abbey and eating with our small group. Ellie was a gem and ate, slept, or watched the fire throughout the evening.

Ellieisms:

I frequently receive comments from friends and family about how much Ellie looks like me.
Ellie's legs and arms are almost getting as fat as her belly.

I didn't take any pictures today but Donna sent a few from yesterday.
The cousins
Ellie had enough
Elvis Tio Omar
Posing after the dress-up competition
Jon and I competing

2 comments:

  1. I just read your last post and this one, sounds like a great time with the Mountz's!

    1. The jolly ranchers may be left from FLEAS!
    2. Way to go winning the competition, true Stoltzfus style
    3. Why do you record your receipts? We don't do that and I'm thinking maybe we should?!
    -Katelyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Jon says we record our receipts to track our spending and make adjustments where necessary.

      Delete