Saturday, November 17, 2012

Thanks, Brusts, for Dinner!

Jon took the day off from work on Friday since he has 3 vacation days left this year. He started the day with a run at French Creek with Mark D and then came home for breakfast. I made him some scrambled eggs and sausage but then I turned around and crawled back into bed. My cold was reaching it's peak and I was wiped out. Jon then left to go do some electrical work at one of Uncle Keith's rentals. He had set this up earlier in the month and he told me it's to pay off all of my shopping from yesterday. Oops.
In the morning Ellie and I just laid low. She slept a lot and I would feed her and go back to bed when she was sleeping. If I wasn't sleeping I was catching up with the world on the internet. When Jon came home for lunch all I had to show for my day was a shower and an emptied dishwasher. He headed back out after eating quickly to finish up the electrical job then head over to the church to help with the roofing project. During the rest of the afternoon I kept Ellie alive, took a picture of our old couch and posted it on Craigslist in the "free" section, then set up with Dad that I would run to Elverson to deposit a check for Corinne. I told him I'd be in town anywhere between 3:00 and 4:00. Well little Ellie did not want to go to sleep and ended up remaining awake from 1:30 until 4:15. During that time I tried putting her to sleep, fed her frequently, and wrapped Corinne's Christmas present. Around 3:45 I rolled Ellie onto her back to put on her coat and her diaper had leaked all up her stomach to her chest. It was pretty intense. So I pealed off her clothes and gave her a quick sponge bath before putting on clean clothes. At 4:15 I decided to just go and hope she falls asleep in the car. When I arrived at Mom and Dad's she was still awake but I fed her and laid her on the couch and she was out. Their loveseat will do that to you.
Since Ellie had just fallen asleep I hung out at Mom and Dad's house until about 5:30 before heading home. Jon was home and cleaning up. Omar came over at 6:15 and we all piled into our car and went to Peter and Brittany's house.
Brittany invited us along with Paul and Sarah Rus for dinner and crafts or games. We all ordered Chinese and shared our dinners so that we could all try new dishes (we realized that all of us always ordered our favorite dishes and never branched out). After dinner the boys went upstairs and had a FIFA tournament while us girls stayed in their living room and did crafts by the fire. Sarah taught us how to make headbands and we made a few for Ellie. I also made her a pacifier clip since I left her first one at Culbert's on Thursday night and I thought I may as well have two.
Ellie was such a stinker before she fell asleep. After her 20 minute nap I thought she'd fall back to sleep when we got home but she refused. When we arrived at Peter and Brittany's I tried putting her down and worked at it for a long time. She finally relented before dinner and slept briefly, waking up while we were eating. She was fussy and discontent so I asked Jon to grab the Bjorn from the car and I wore her in there. After dinner she fell asleep and I kept her in the Bjorn until she had been sleeping for quite some time then I transfered her to Brittany's cradle. I felt bad because this is the second occasion that Brittany had us over for dinner when Ellie has been noisy and unhappy. I suppose I find it odd since she's pretty good for Bible Study there.
We came home around midnight and Omar helped Jon put the couch out in the yard. Someone had already emailed me saying they wanted it so I told them where we lived and that we would put it out but not right by the road in hopes that it would still be there when they arrived. I covered it with some old sheets to help keep it dry and we went to bed.
Today, Saturday, was another busy day for Jon. He woke up at 6:00 for a breakfast meeting before heading over to church to work on the roof. Yesterday they stripped off the old roof and today they started putting it back on. They are doing the North and South end sections of the Education wing. Meanwhile Ellie and I woke up and started our day slowly. At 10:00 we were supposed to meet at Mom's house to go to a house sale in Summerfield but the people were trying to fit my couch into their car in our driveway. I was too embarrassed to show my face so I sat inside and waited for them to leave. They had a chevy HHR and actually left after trying to fit it into their car for almost 20 minutes. I checked my email and they girl had written saying that they were going to go grab some rope but that her grandma really wanted it. Ha! So I made my escape and hoped they were successful when they came back.
Kelly met up with us at the Estate Sale in Summerfield. We arrived only 30 minutes after the sale began but almost everything was sold, it seemed. I had told Paul and Sarah Rus about the event so they were there when we arrived. Kelly purchased a gift for someone and I purchased a set of 6 glasses and 2 white serving plates. Mom left empty handed. We had all been wanting various pieces of furniture or art but most of the furniture was sold and their art was different. They were smokers, though, so we probably wouldn't have wanted to purchase their furniture realistically speaking anyway.
Mom and I headed up to the farmer's market where she purchased some coffee and Ellie became cranky. I had packed a bottle in her diaper bag so mom fed it to her on our way home and she drank like she was famished. I then nursed her some more when we got to Mom and Dad's. She's going to be such a chunk.
While we were in Elverson anyway Ellie and I stopped by the church to say hi to Jon then headed off to Walmart. I now needed milk, bread, and eggs so there was no way around grocery shopping. As I drove through Elverson I decided to go to a farmer's market in Reading Jon had told me about near the Fairground mall.
The Lorah family at our church recently started selling meat at the Reading Fairground Farmer's Market and Jon found out at church last week. I headed out there and found their stand and purchased some pork chops, bacon, sausage, and ground beef. The steak was very tempting but I thought I should wait until after the holidays. I also grabbed some vegetables from a nearby stand then scouted out a lunch option. This market is inside, just so you can imagine. There are numerous meat stands and vegetable stands as well as bakers, candy, ice cream, and full-fledged meals. It was fun! I told Jon he will have to come with me sometime.
Ellie and I ate at a little shop called "A Corner of Mexico" or something. I got a burrito and I have no idea if it tasted authentic because I never ate a burrito in Mexico. The man was very Mexican and they had the two salsas so I liked it.
On our way home I stopped by Turkey Hill to fuel up and picked up milk, eggs, and bread. Ellie was still awake so I thought it would be best to go home and give her the opportunity to sleep in her crib.
Ellie once again did not want to sleep this afternoon so I spent a bit of time trying to put her to sleep. She would fall asleep in my arms but when I would transfer her to the crib she would cry and not settle. I finally decided to just let her sleep on my chest while I nap with her. A good excuse to sleep, I'd say.
Jon came home at 5:30 and threw the lasagna in the oven from Carly. When Carly visited after Ellie's birth she made us a lasagna and put it in Mom's freezer. I frequently forgot to bring it home so I finally remembered this week and defrosted it last night. It was great - thanks!
Jon was exhausted from his two days on the roof so we sat around after dinner and then watched the most recent episode of The Amazing Race (go Abba and James!). I folded the laundry and now Jon is asleep. I think I'll go ahead and hit the sack, too.
Ellie hanging out with her zebra.

Crafting

She was tired from Peter and Brittany's.

"Mom, I don't want to sleep."

"Get me outta here!"
Below are two videos of Ellie talking

2 comments:

  1. You are welcome for dinner!!! (-: Love the Ellie videos...keep them up! THe girls and I love watching them. Ellie has a head of hair just like her big cousin Calla at that age...none! (Calla had an unsightly "bald man look" though at Ellie's age...she was completely bald on top and then she some hair at the very bottom - it looked so funny! Does Ellie have the ring of hair at the bottom or is she pretty even all around?) The nice thing about a bald head is it's perfect for those adorable headbands! (-:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily has been doing the same no-sleep phase yesterday and today! Yesterday she just wanted to be held all the time! It really stinks but the bjorn was definitely my friend, sounds like it was your's too!

    ReplyDelete