Sunday, May 12, 2013

Wow, Clark turns 2!

Friday morning I ran to the gym at the start of the day. Ellie was due for a nap so I dropped her off in Mimi's crib. However, Ellie did not fall asleep and really inconvenienced Mimi. Sorry!
After the gym I picked up Ellie and went over to Fenton's. As I was getting Ellie out of the car Grandpa and Grandma drove up after Grandma's hair appointment. They had decided that if someone was there they would stop by and if the driveway was empty they wouldn't. Grandma was thrilled to see me since that meant she could see the kiddos.
I was coming to hang out with Clark and Maya while Kelly hopped in the shower. Kelly told me that Maya was sleeping and should be content for a while so she cleaned up while Grandpa, Grandma, and I hung out with Clark. Clark was so excited that they were there and ran around the house hollering. It was really sweet!
Kelly brought Ellie out of her room when she was done getting ready for the day and Grandma held her until Grandpa convinced her that they needed to leave. I hung around with Ellie and took Clark outside for a bit to enjoy the sunshine. Kelly offered me some egg casserole for lunch (thanks!) and I left with Ellie afterwards.
When Clark went down for his nap Kelly was going to try to take a nap when Maya napped so Ellie and I wanted to get out of their hair. I called Donna and Grandma Mountz was around so we stopped in to say hello to them. Grandma needed to leave at 2:15 for her hair appointment and Ellie and I had time to kill so I parked at Grandpa and Grandma's house in Summerfield to walk down to the park. Grandma had just received a phone call from Mimi asking if they wanted to stop by to say hi to Mr. and Mrs. Canche, who had stopped by for lunch on their way to a wedding in Virginia.
Ellie and I went to the park and I pushed her on the swing. Mimi texted after hearing we were in Elverson and said we could stop by and say hello so we did just that. As we were walking to the car Linda Smith was driving by so she stopped and held Ellie and gave us a brief update. It was nice to see her.
It was nice to see the Canche's and we compared pictures of Ellie and Emily from when Katelyn and David were up here last visiting. Ellie was getting tired so after they left we headed home.
I had lofty goals of taking Clark to the park after he woke up from his nap but Ellie was just too tired. She took a nice nap and we hung out at home until Jon came home.
In the evening I had the spring women's social at church so Jon was in charge of Ellie. We enjoyed our evening and I sat with Mom-mom, Aunt Carol Hoke, Abby, Brittney Estes, Dorothy, Grandma, and Mom. The food was delicious! I stayed around afterwards to help clean up. When we were cleaning up Mom heard from Dad that Keevil had passed away, which was shocking and sad.

Saturday morning was going to be another yardsaling day until the weather called for rain and thunderstorms. Jon went with some men to help fix a camper roof so I stayed home with Ellie. I put her down for a nap and she slept for a little over an hour before she had to wake up for our outing.
Jon's iPhone off button was stopping working just a day or two ago so he checked up on his warranty and realized it ended in four days. He quickly called the Apple store and set up an appointment. We left at 10:30 and made it in time for his 11:30 appointment. I spent a while in Ann Taylor returning some clothes and trying on new stuff. I left with a new shirt. Jon and I then headed out for our mother's day dinner.
Jon had never been to P.F.Changs so we went to the one in Collegeville on our way home. There were at least a dozen young kids in there, which is odd since I've never really seen kids before in P.F. Changs. We ordered the full spread: soup, appetizer, dinner, and dessert. Ellie really enjoyed the Egg Drop Soup and I loved my honey chicken. Jon Ellie gave me a watch for mother's day which I am really excited about because my old one broke last year.
We stopped by Home Goods to pick up a gift for Donna. I love that store and the one in Collegeville is huge! I could have stayed there hours. If anyone wants to go I'm all for it.
In the evening we went over to Kelly and Josh's house for Clark's second birthday party. Josh made sloppy joes and Grandpa, Grandma, Janelle, Mimi, and Pops were all there. We gave Clark a pair of shorts and a riding toy. He was really receptive to the toy and kept saying "Wow! Wow! Wow!" as he drove it around the room. He cried when we sang him happy birthday but smiled beautifully when we started singing "I'm in the Lord's Army" when we were taking a family picture. We obviously sang the wrong song with the cake.
After the party we went to Walmart and made some food for our mother's day events. Jon had signed up to bring a snack for our Sunday School so he made that while I did baked macaroni and cheese.
I have pictures but will put them up tomorrow because it's late and my phone is MIA.

1 comment: