Sunday, October 28, 2012

Bonding with Daddy

On Friday I had one goal: prepare for our company. Since having Ellie I really haven't had many people over for dinner other than family and close friends. On Friday night we were hosting Ryan and Tara Frey who actually live only a mile down the road. We haven't had them over since they moved to Geigertown so I was happy to finally have them on the schedule.
Ellie and I stayed home and cleaned the house and cooked the dinner. The house was looking pretty shabby since I hadn't hosted anyone for a bit. Inviting people over is the best way for me to get the house cleaned up. I threw dinner in the crock pot (I made the slow cooker pork recipe Carly sent around a few months back) and made apple crisp for dessert.
Dinner was set for 6:30 which is really nice since Jon came home around 5:45. He held Ellie while I finished cleaning up and then set the table. We were actually all ready and waiting in the living room when they came. Ellie was a gem and was awake when they arrived, went to sleep before dinner, and woke up right after dessert. She hung out with us for an hour or so and then went back to sleep before they left around 10:15. Not having to really worry about Ellie being fussy made it a much more enjoyable evening! After Ryan and Tara left Jon had me put together Ellie's new stroller. He brought it home from work at lunch and wanted me to put it together so I could give a review on the assembly instructions.

This morning, Saturday, Ellie and I stayed in bed for a bit after breakfast since I didn't mind sleeping in a while longer and Ellie just seemed like she wanted to cuddle. While Ellie and I slept Jon worked on the basement bathroom before mowing the lawn. With Hurricane Sandy coming our way he had some goals for today. He wanted to mow the lawn, close the storm windows, prepare the generator, and pick up some gasoline for the generator. I got up and ready for the day since I needed to go to church to play for QFAD. Mom was asked to take Mrs. Montgomery's role for QFAD so Ellie and I went over to church earlier than my playing time to help out. We arrived a bit too late to help out so we walked around for a bit before Jon came to pick up Ellie before I had to play.
Jon was filling up the gas cans so he swung by church to get Ellie. Jon was responsible to watch Ellie from 1:00-2:30. I had prepared a bottle for him to feed her so I didn't bother feeding her before I handed her off. That was my first mistake! My second mistake wasn't emphasizing her need to be fed soon and didn't give any other tips. Therefore Jon spent the next hour and a half trying to keep Ellie at bay. She was not happy! He ended up calling and asking me to come home when I could possibly pull away. Apparently Ellie wasn't having a very good time. So I put my flute away and hopped in the car right away.
Omar was over since Jon had thought that they could hang out with Ellie while I was gone. Instead he was upstairs trying to get Ellie happy while Omar passed the time in the basement playing FIFA. When I arrived home I took Ellie and fed her while Jon unwound with Omar. I fed the little stinker then placed her next to Jon to sleep. I thought that it would help Jon and Ellie bond after their rough patch earlier. After a few rounds of soccer with Omar he finished setting up the generator and went over to Lacey's to help Mark move some heavy things with him. Then he cleaned up and we packed Ellie up and took her to Mom and Dad's. Mom had offered to watch Ellie tonight so Jon and I could go out for dinner. Thanks, Mom! I had a $10 off coupon to Outback, so I thought we could go there. Well Jon asked if we could go to Texas Roadhouse instead since he likes that restaurant best of the steakhouses. So we went for dinner and stopped by JoAnn's for some burlap for later this week.
Mom said that Ellie did great while she was watching her. She's a good little girl! We all came home and Jon and I watched "Tombstone" before heading to bed.

Ellieisms:
I've taken Carly's trick and have started putting stuff in front of Ellie's face for her to stare at. It definitely helps keep her content in one spot longer!

Ellie snoozing while Jon & Omar play FIFA

Ellie's new stroller!

Helping me in the kitchen

Early Christmas shopping


Sometimes when she really smiles she opens her
mouth really wide

Watching Barcelona highlights

No comments:

Post a Comment