Sunday, October 7, 2012

Lunch at the DiAddezio's

I think that Jon, Ellie and I are progressing in our ability to get ready for church and arrive on time. Today we were a little over five minutes late, which doesn't matter for Sunday School since the first fifteen minutes is just social (at least in my class). I attend the women's class which I just nurse in instead of leaving and going to the nursing room. Ellie was hungry right at the end of class, which was perfect for going into the service. 
During the second service two babies were dedicated, Eliana Sorrenson and Adam Hanna. Eliana was the first of the three girls born this past year and her parents are relatively new to the church. Hopefully Eliana, Hannah (Grosso), and Ellie are friends because they're it so far!
Uncle Steve is traveling in New England this week so Matt Carter preached. If Uncle Steve had been preaching Ellie would have made it through her first service without needing to be taken out. However, Matt Carter went almost thirty minutes over and Ellie started protesting at about 12:10. I took her to the nursing room and Jon came and got us after the service ended. The biggest bummer was that we missed  communion. Perhaps next time. 
A few days ago Nelah DiAddezio emailed and asked if "your family" wanted to go over for lunch this afternoon. At first I was confused about who my family meant...then I realized that meant Jon, me, & Ellie. We're a little family! So we headed over there right after church. Nelah made a delicious spread of a cranberry pork roast, mashed potatoes, rolls, and broccoli. It really hit the spot. Jon and I really enjoy spending time with their family. Yesterday Joseph had his sixth birthday party so he was working on some lego sets. One of them, a Star Wars set, was for 8-14 year olds. Joe just turned 6! It was fun to "help" him out (I was in charge of hunting down the needed pieces for each set). He's a sweet kid. 
Ellie was not on her best behavior while we were there. She fell asleep while we waited for dinner to be ready and then woke up just as we were sitting down to pray. She was crying through the prayer so I finally just took her and nursed her. She didn't eat a whole lot but was falling asleep, so I went back to the table. I ended up going back and forth trying to figure out what she wanted. After Jon was finished eating he held her at bay while I ate. Fortunately Joseph was a crier (he was colicky) so Mark and Nelah didn't seem to mind her cries. 
We stayed at Mark and Nelah's until around 4:00 when we headed home. Jon took a nap while Ellie and I hung out in the living room. We left for prayer at 5:45 and arrived before it began (a first for Ellie). Rick Renninger was giving a report on his trip to Ghana.
Upon arriving home Jon wanted to catch some highlights of the Barcelona vs. Madrid game that happened this afternoon. He asked me to find a video on FootyTube that would show the highlights. He asked me to find it because frequently they'll have the score in the title. Well I found a great 10 minute video for him to watch and I set it up all excited. Jon pushed play and right there on the screen, front and center, was the final score. Whoops. Fail. 

Ellieisms: 
Ellie has tears when she cries. I haven't seen them streaming down her face yet, but her eyes get wet! There's something about tears that make the crying seem more legitimate. 

Smile-training still in progress...

Pre-lunch nap
Trying to get a picture of her tears...you can kind of
see them in her right eye.
Naked baby!

Outie? It sticks out more when she's crying. 


2 comments:

  1. She looks so long in the naked baby picture! Don't worry, Emily doesn't smile at me either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the DiAddezios meant us too when she invited the family! We missed it!! Love, Mimi

    ReplyDelete