Ellie lasted until after the first hymn during worship then I went and fed her in the mother's room. We were alone until I was finishing changing her diaper when Kelsey and William came in. We said hi, asked how they were doing, and then went back to the service (they are doing well, if you care to know). Ellie then lasted the rest of the service and through the sermon, even with the sermon going almost 10 minutes overtime (she didn't seem to notice). After church we talked with some people then headed home for lunch.
Jon has decided since we didn't prepare last year for the snow storm and we were out of power for 5 days that if we prepare for this storm that perhaps nothing will happen. So he went around and finished preparing for the hurricane. I cleaned the gutters, took the leaves out of the outdoor basement stairwell, cleared a path to the sump pump, moved his tools off of the ground to the shelves, brought a few loads of wood inside, tested the generator, and loaded up some buckets with water for flushing the toilets. He then had some time to put the second layer of spackling on the bathroom walls. Meanwhile Ellie and I laid on the couch, took a nap, and wrote Lauren an update email. Ellie woke me up at 5:40 hungry and I realized we had to hurry to get to evening church. Well don't you know we arrived almost 15 minutes late to prayer meeting, too. Oh well. I suppose we have the baby excuse!
After prayer meeting we headed over to Doug and Donna's house. Omar had asked Jon if we could come over after church to watch a soccer game on TV (Manchester United vs. Chelsea). Omar rooted for Manchester United while Jon rooted for Chelsea, both wearing their team's jersey. Doug bought us all pizza and Ellie and I hung out with Donna while the boys sat about 18 inches away from the television screen. Manchester United ended up winning but Jon claimed he didn't care.
Now Ellie is in bed so I'm on the couch eating pretzels and ice cream and Jon's talking with Efra (in Mexico) on Skype. Perhaps I'll take this opportunity to get some of my Bible Study homework done.
![]() |
| Hanging out with Nana |


I can't believe they were watching a European game over the World Series! HahHa
ReplyDeleteYour hurricane prep seems extensive!!! Did you make any blog preparations? Blog ahead of time about what you "think you'll be doing Monday, Tuesday, etc?"
Tell Ellie I miss her!!!