Friday, October 12, 2012

Caleb & the Canche Girls Come to Town

Thursday was a nice, typical day. Kelly texted mid-morning and said they were going to Grandma and Grandpa's for lunch, if we wanted to join. Of course! After a laid back morning we showered and headed to Walmart for a quick stop to pick up pictures and order a cake for Ellie's baptism. I had hesitated to order pictures from Walmart because it never works out - and today wasn't any different. I had sent 15 pictures or so to be printed off in an hour. An hour later they were in back of the line. Ellie was crying so the girl put them at the front ("rush ordered them") and I asked how long it should take. 5 minutes, an hour? She said no longer than 30 minutes. Well that's no help! I left very disgruntled (things always seem dramatic with a crying baby), ordered her cake, and went to Grandma's. Grandma and Kelly were very sympathetic to my complaints and Grandma made it all better with a delicious chicken sandwich, applesauce, and cookies. Yummy. 
We all spent some time after lunch discussing the traveling siblings. We were all excited for their arrival! Afterwards Ellie and I left and went home to clean the house for small group. I had bought a pumpkin at Walmart so I decorated it with a "M" and put it on the front porch. I also started making caramelitas before realizing I didn't have chocolate chips. Whoops. By the time I figured that out I was halfway through the first step. Ellie woke up and started fussing so I decided to scratch my plans for making chili and just finish up the leftovers. It all worked out since Jon arrived home at 5:30 and held Ellie while he vacuumed and I cleaned up the kitchen and prepared for small group. We were all ready to go by 6:30, when people started arriving. 
This was only our second meeting with our new small group and we really enjoy them. Dave Culbert leads it and he does a great job. 
Ellie snoozing in our bed.
My project inspired by pinterest
Upon waking up this morning I knew Katelyn, Caleb, and the girls arrived in Elverson sometime last night or early this morning. All of them are known for sleeping in so I decided to work on my Precepts and Wednesday night Bible Study homework for a bit before heading to Elverson. I had a haircut at 10:30 so I left Ellie with Kelly at Mimi's. By the time I came back everyone was awake. I basically spent the duration of the day just hanging out in Mimi's family room catching up. It was so much fun to hear about Covenant from Caleb and see how much Haley has grown! We compared Ellie and Emily's features and even got to Skype Corinne.
This evening Katelyn, Emily, Pops and Mimi went to Willow Grove for the LeTourneau dinner. Jon and I had been invited to Brittany and Peter's house for dinner with them and the Bradshaw's. We had a wonderful time and stayed until around 11:00.
Ok, I know that was a pathetic update but it's time for bed. I'm sure I'll have something more exciting to report on next time and I'll try to take some pictures. Those definitely help.

No comments:

Post a Comment