Thursday, October 25, 2012

Ellie's First Shots

Ellie woke up this morning and did not know what she was in for. Ellie's schedule has been great in the mornings. She wakes up and I feed her. I put her back to sleep and then get ready for the day (if it's not super early). When it's time to head out, I transfer her to her car seat (she wakes up) and off we go. If she wakes up before I'm finished, I feed her again and then lay her on the floor to watch me or her little crib toy. Today she watched me get ready and we headed to the doctors office at 9:30. I think they knew I had plans for the rest of the day because I didn't get called back until fifteen minutes past my scheduled appointment. Oh well!

Here are her stats:
Weight: 10 lb 10 oz
Height: 22 1/4"
Head: 15 1/2"

I don't know how my sisters have specific percentages, but my doctor just said that she's basically right on par for where she should be on the growth charts. Good job, Ellie. If you care to compare, here are her stats from birth:
Weight: 6 lb 3oz
Height: 19"
Head: 13"

Today she was scheduled for 3 shots: the second Hepatitis B shot, the first DTaP, and a combination shot. The nurse was very quick. After each consecutive shot Ellie's face turned brighter red and her cry grew louder. As soon as she was finished putting the bandaids on I picked Ellie up and she stopped crying immediately. I told Mark at small group this and his response was: "Of course she did. She's a Stoltzfus!" I'll take that as a compliment!
We headed to Mom's house next to nurse and look at my wedding album. Over two years late and with my 2 month old in hand I finally looked at my pictures! It was wonderful. There is only one very large picture that needs fixing, which I need to email Craig about. Other than that (it's just not very crisp - it looks pixelated) it's great.
Clark was just finishing up his crackers so when the kiddos were all fed we packed up into Kelly's car and headed out to King of Prussia. Kelly needed to return a shirt to Ann Taylor and Mom wanted to stop by Pottery Barn. We, of course, made some pit stops in children's stores and Macy's to look at the Christmas dishes. I can't believe the holidays are so close! I really enjoy this time of year.
We couldn't go to the mall without eating at Chickfila so we found our way to the food court and supported our favorite fast food restaurant. Eat Chicken.
While we were at the mall Mom received a call from Dad saying that Mr. Montgomery was at Paoli hospital for health problems. So on our way we dropped Mom off at the hospital and headed home. On the drive to King of Prussia Clark did not seem to notice Ellie because he was so tired (and eventually fell asleep). On the way home he was definitely interested in her and watched or touched her throughout the trip - it was so sweet! He would also keep his hand on her car seat handle. At one point of time I was holding in her pacifier with one hand and holding up the noise machine in the other and Clark just put his hand on mine. Later, after Ellie calmed down, I tried to take a picture of Ellie and Clark and Clark was just sitting there with his finger up his nose. The same finger he later used to touch Ellie's lips...Oops. Ellie didn't seem to care, though.
Kelly dropped us off at Mom's house to get our car and pick up the photo album. We were home before 4:00 and so we relaxed for a bit before doing some ironing and putting dinner in the oven. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day of cleaning - hopefully Ellie complies!
Jon came home at 5:30 and we had our dinner before packing up for small group. Our new small group meets at 6:30. Fortunately it was just in Morgantown so we had enough time to stop by Doug's Pharmacy to pick up Infant Tylenol just in case Ellie starts to feel sick from her shots. She really has not been difficult today - she just has slept a lot. At small group she was passed around until it was time to be fed. After then Jon and I just took turns taking care of her. She fought sleep tooth and nail so that she wouldn't miss out on the events of the night (sitting and listening to a sermon and discussing it - very worth while, Ellie). While we were discussing our ideas I laid Ellie on her back on the floor and she laid there a good 10 minutes just cooing and kicking around. She's definitely a good baby!
Getting dressed post-shots
Clark exploring his nose
Clark exploring Ellie's face


No comments:

Post a Comment