Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Whirlwind Wednesday

By average standards today would seem like a typical day. For me, who sat around basically doing nothing yesterday, today seemed a bit like a whirlwind. Fortunately in a positive way. I woke up in time to shower before Jon had to leave for work so he could watch Ellie. I can take a shower while Ellie is sleeping, I just never know when that will be. I had precepts at 9:15 so my goal was to be on my way before 9:00. At 8:55 I was vacuuming the kitchen, starting up the crockpot, and trying to look presentable. I drove out the driveway at 9:03, which isn't too shabby. Although we were not late to Precepts about 6 other people were so we didn't end up starting until almost 9:30. Ellie did much better this week, starting out the class with a nurse and then sleeping the rest of the time.
A few days ago my friend Sarah emailed and said that she would like to get together to spend time with Ellie and me and take some pictures of her, if I didn't mind. Um, no! Her and her husband are frequently asked to take family pictures or even wedding pictures for people, so she has the equipment and the editing skills. I served the leftover soup and bread from last night's dinner for lunch and we then ended up hanging out until 3:30 - almost 4 hours! It was enjoyable and it reminded me that I should have people over for lunch more often.
After Sarah left I prepared the rest of the dinner for the Grossos. Out of the 12 or so babies born this past year, Ellie and Hannah Grosso are two of three girls. Hopefully they will be close friends! I made them Tomatillo Chicken, which is a really easy crockpot recipe that you shred the chicken, make the juice into a sauce, cook some rice, add some fresh vegetables and put it in a burrito with cilantro and lime juice. Jon and I enjoy it and it's hard to mess up. The biggest downer is that it makes a LOT of food and now Jon and I still have leftovers and we've eaten it about 4 times (once with Mom and Dad). I should have halved the recipe or frozen some, but oh well!
Ellie had fallen asleep before Sarah left and woke up as I was chopping tomatoes so I put her in the Bjorn and wore her around the kitchen until everything was packed in the car. We were able to go inside and spend some time with Charlotte, Cameron (her 2 year old son) and Hannah. Hannah looks so small! I think she is a similar size to when Ellie was born. It's amazing how much babies grow in six weeks! We didn't stay long since Frank came home from work and we needed to come home and heat up dinner for Jon and me before our prayer group and women's study.
Ellie - 6 1/2 weeks, Hannah- 5 days
We were able to eat dinner and get out the door on time but I left the kitchen a complete mess. Then we ended up staying at the women's study until 10:00! Ellie sat with Hannah Kurtz for the first hour or so before needing to eat.
Jon's prayer group only went to about 8:30 so he was home first and he graciously devoted I don't know how much time to clean up the filthy kitchen! It was not only our dinner mess but the prep left from the Grosso's meal. I had forgotten about the mess until I walked in the door and was so thankful to see a spotless kitchen. Jon's a keeper. But it doesn't end there. I went downstairs to thank him and ask about prayer group and he had hung the new cabinet we bought in the laundry room. I am thrilled!
My new cabinets!
A typical Ellie expression with a bit of a cross-eyed look

2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures of Ellie, I can't wait to see all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pics!!! Wow your day was crazy! I got tired just reading it!

    ReplyDelete