Sunday, October 21, 2012

Our Week with the Cousins

Monday morning we planned on going to the Premium Outlets with the whole gang. Our goal was to try to get out the door around 9:30 so we could be there right when they opened at 10:00. Trying to accomplish this with five adults and seven children was not happening. Carly had to do some work for Bulltown so we ended up leaving in two shifts taking the two blue minivans. The first van took a detour and looked at homes for sale so we arrived at the outlets at the same time close to 11:00. We hit up most of the children's stores and Banana Republic while also stopping to eat lunch. We were quite a caravan with our five strollers in the rain. Once I put Ellie in the Bjorn Kelsey hung out in her stroller, which is her infant carrier on a frame. She's such a stinker! But it was great because she pretended she was a sleeping baby the entire time we were in Banana Republic.
We headed home from the outlets and spent some time relaxing and recovering from the big excursion. I had a piano lesson to teach at 5:00 so I headed out around 4:30 to prepare for that. Jon arrived home shortly after the lesson was over and we just stayed home and spent some time together - basically recovering a bit from our busy weekend! 

On Tuesday I knew I needed to be in Elverson before lunch. Grandma likes to have everyone over for lunch and she always has quite a spread! I arrived at Mom and Dad's around 10:15 and hung out waiting around. Close to 10:45 they decided to try to cut Clark and Jay's hair before heading off to lunch. Clark was not pleased and cried through his whole first hair cut. Jay was an old pro, since this was his second haircut. Katelyn did a great job on both boys and they looked quite dapper!
Chaos took over Grandma and Grandpa's house and the kids were spoiled with gifts and their favorite foods. I especially enjoyed the barbecue sandwiches and applesauce - so tasty! Dad even stopped by for some lunch. With so many great grandchildren we needed to eat in shifts so that the younger kids would have seats available. It all worked out! After lunch we hung out in the living room and talked about the cousins, Corinne, and the upcoming trips home. Kelly and Clark were the first to head out for Clark's nap and the rest of us followed shortly after. 
Naptime was very relaxing for us all. Mimi ended up also taking a nap but the sisters laid around the family room and caught up. We definitely missed having Corinne here! Perhaps we will have to celebrate Easter in Africa. Mimi also spent some time painting pumpkins with the two "big girls."
Jon had a missions committee meeting in the evening so I had him drop me and Ellie off at Mom and Dad's on his way to church. I spent some time watching baths take place before it was time for the big event: the second presidential debates. Although it was the second for Obama and Romney it was the first debate I watched. Jon and Dad arrived home from the missions committee meeting around 9:20 and we stayed and watched the entire event. I was reminded why I didn't watch the first round! 

Wednesday was a sad day since we had to say goodbye to our Canche cousins, Katelyn, and Caleb. It was so wonderful to have them all here for five days! We can't believe they made the trip up for Ellie's baptism. Thank you! Their van departed at 12:30 and we all waved goodbye from the front yard. We are looking forward to being together again at Christmas!
After they departed we spent the rest of the day at Mimi & Pop's house. I had a piano lesson from 3:00-3:30. Carly graciously babysat Ellie while I ran home to teach. When I came back Mimi, Calla, and Kelsey were having a tea party in full costume. It seemed like fun! Perhaps next time Ellie can join in.
Wednesday evening was the annual Elverson Halloween Parade. This year Jon and I stayed down at Doug and Donna's house to watch, which was enjoyable since a few new faces were present. Carly and Jay walked down to say hello which was fun. Ellie dressed up in Jay's old costume, a puppy dog. She stayed awake the entire parade and hung out with her Nana, Donna. She's a party animal. 

Hanging out with Kelsey 
Staring at the scary yellow doll
Bonding with Uncle Caleb
Jay using Ellie's diaper bag as a chair
Debates are a snooze
Calla mimicking Ellie's face

Round 2 
Our puppy dog
Ellie & her Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment