Ellie decided to wake up around 11:15 so I changed her diaper, fed her, and headed out for lunch. During lunch Jon suggested that I ask Kelly to watch Ellie so that I could get my grocery shopping done without the pressure of a crying baby. Good idea!
Kelly most graciously said yes to watching Ellie so I dropped her off and headed towards Shady Maple. I have been to the Shady Maple grocery store only a handful of times - enough to know that it is a bit confusing. So I stopped and picked up a store list which directed me to which isle to find my needed item. Where's the hot fudge? Isle 32.
Even with the isle list and my relatively short grocery list it took forever to get through Shady Maple. Next time I think I'm going to try out Yoder's and then after that (if it's unsuccessful) try out Giant. I managed to leave after spending way too much money and purchasing far more than I intended (but Turkey Hill ice cream was on sale!).
When I arrived at the Fenton's Ellie was sleeping soundly on the couch and Clark was craning his neck to get a good view. He is so sweet with her and will be an excellent big brother! I hung around with Kelly and Clark until I decided I better wake up Ellie or risk my ice cream melting (it was 70 degrees out). By the time we reached home Ellie was needing a diaper change. We then started making dinner and she took a cat nap and was very happy to see Jon when he came home. She is definitely more interactive, which is fun for Jon. While I finished up dinner and emptied the dishwasher Jon "talked" with Ellie. She can hold up her head well and likes to see what's going on.
After dinner Ellie and I went back to Fenton's and Jon headed to church for a meeting. I "babysat" Clark while Kelly and Josh went to Small Group. All I did was sit on the couch taking care of Ellie while Clark slept. I'm hoping Ellie takes some pointers from her cousin on how to sleep well.
Jon arrived home before me so he fixed our vacuum (the chord to the carpet head came out) and set up Ellie's high chair. Although she has two more months before we start feeding her I might try having her sit in there so she can see what's going on. I've done that a few times with the Bumbo but she always seems a bit wobbly. Fortunately if she doesn't like it we can just put it in her bedroom closet.
Ellieisms:
Ellie has found her voice. Today she was the most talkative she has ever been. We like hearing her little sounds!


What/where is AJ's? I've never heard of it!
ReplyDeleteIt's a pizza place between Olympia Sports and Good Friend near Walmart. They've been there several years but we never went because we just went to Giovanni's or Antonio's. Jon really likes them - plus it's the closest place to his work.
DeleteIs AJs near Doug's pharmacy?!
ReplyDeleteSo fun aunt Kelly could babysit!!! Clark is getting good practice in for being a big brother!!!
Tell that EllieBelle I miss her!
It's actually near Walmart.
DeleteEllie misses you, too!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete