Donna asked us for lunch after church so we joined Doug, Donna, Grandma, Omar, Ben, and Jess for lasagna in celebration of Jess's birthday.
After lunch we headed home. I changed Ellie's diaper then weighed her on Donna's old baby scale she gave me to use. She weighed about 10 pounds - it's hard to say exactly since I didn't strip her down.
![]() |
| Getting weighed |
![]() |
| On our walk |
![]() |
| Very serious. |
Today was a beautiful fall day - mild and sunny. Jon and I started our day with a cup of coffee before he headed off to work. Ellie and I did some Bible Study work and then heard from Kelly that we were invited to Grandma's for lunch. We headed over at 11:00 and met up with Kelly, Clark, and Mom to take a walk before lunch. It was a wonderful day for the walk and we saw numerous people out and about. Grandma and Grandpa were both at lunch and we had BBQ sandwiches, pasta salad, apple sauce, and fresh cookies.
After stalking some people on facebook together, we spent some time in the living room working on walking with Clark. Go Clark go! Hopefully he'll be walking by Thanksgiving.
In the afternoon Ellie was feeling a bit down and out because she either wanted to be eating or held. Or perhaps she's growing! I suppose I'll never know.
At 5:00 I taught a piano lesson and then Jon came home shortly thereafter. Jon needed to run to Lowe's to pick up one quick item for the basement bathroom. He arrived and realized at the checkout that he had forgotten his wallet. The item was a mere $1 so he went to his car to scrounge up some change. A few months ago he cleaned out his car really well and took all his change out of the change holder since it was sticky from a ice tea spill and he had never replaced it. So he called a few people before Dad called. Dad saved the day and gave Jon a dollar and also some oil for our heater. Jon called Boyd to set up our oil tank and apparently he is booked until November, so Jon needed to get some oil to fill our temporary barrels. Although not having his wallet was a pain, it all worked out in the end. For us, that is. Thanks, Dad!
Jon came home and we ate spaghetti. I hung out with Ellie and Jon spent his evening preparing for spackeling. It's coming along! This week I'm in charge of picking out tile. Easier said than done - at least to me.
Ellieisms:
Two days ago when Ellie was trying to fall back to sleep in her crib I was patting her bottom and she put her thumb in her mouth! It only lasted about 10 seconds, but it was cute.
This evening I put the smaller paci in Ellie's mouth (like Emily's paci) and she actually took it! That was a first. Fifteen seconds later it was out and she was gagging on it. Oh my. Drama.




No comments:
Post a Comment