Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Ellie Smiles at Jon

Two things I neglected to mention yesterday:
1) Happy Birthday, Jonathan!
2) Mom said that she got Ellie to smile at her during Brooke's piano lesson! I'll have to put that in her baby book.

Today was a very dreary, rainy day. Ellie and I ate breakfast with Jon and after we were done Jon spent some time trying to get her to smile, and he says he was successful! Three times she started smiling while I was doing the dishes. When I went over to give it a shot she looked at me like I was crazy. Ellie and I were planning on going to the grocery store in the morning but the heavy rain and puddles really deterred us. In the morning I worked on Ellie's baptism invitation and Precepts homework instead. When lunch time rolled around I realized I didn't have much to offer Jon so I threw a frozen pizza in the oven. Jon then told me that he would go with me to Walmart after work if I wanted. Um, yes!
In the afternoon Ellie ate a lot and slept...but only in my arms. It seemed like whenever I put her down she would wake up five minutes later. Fortunately I didn't have much to do so it worked out. I did write up the grocery list than split it into two lists based on location in Walmart for me and Jon to use. I'm not sure what else I did other than write a few thank you notes.
Jon came home around 5:30 and we had a quick snack before heading out to Walmart. I thought that a rainy evening at 6:00 wouldn't mean a busy store but it was pretty terrible. Between the two of us we gathered the groceries and kept Ellie happy and came home. I had decided to make a soup that mom had given me a recipe of earlier this week - it was a creamy tomato tortellini soup. Perfect for a rainy day! And very easy.
After dinner Jon took care of Ellie while I did the dishes, made banana bread, and put together a dinner for the Grosso's for tomorrow. Then as I was cleaning up Jon started vacuuming the basement and carpet upstairs with Ellie. He looked like a pro! By the end he was sweating up a storm and Ellie was zonked out.
I put Ellie to sleep in her pack'n'play and then
noticed all the other random junk in there!
Vacuuming one handed!
All that work put her to sleep.
Ellie's Baptism invitation

1 comment:

  1. Tell Jon to wear the Bjorn, Dave always had Haley in that thing! Still have to get him to wear Emily...

    ReplyDelete