Thursday, October 18, 2012

Ellie's Baptism

Sunday was a very exciting day for Jon and me: Ellie was getting baptized. Jon and I were both baptized as infants (well I was old enough for braces, so I wasn't really an infant) and we decided to baptize Ellie that way, too. Instead of rushing and trying to get to church in time for Sunday School and the service, we decided to take it slow and prepare for her baptism and arrive in time for just the service. Jon had to meet up front for directions at 10:25 so I took Ellie to feed in attempt to keep her happy throughout the service.
Ellie was baptized along with two boys from our church, Maximus Detwiler and Wyeth Estes. Uncle Steve baptized her and we asked Dad (Pops) to pray for her. I was relieved when Ellie did not fuss but behaved wonderfully the entire time. I did not get any pictures of the actual event but we took plenty afterwards at Mom and Dad's.
Mom was so gracious to offer to host the luncheon following the baptism. Mom-mom, Grandma and Grandpa DeWalt, Mom and Dad, Carly and her kids, the Fentons, the Canche girls, Caleb, Linda, Doug and Donna, Grandma Mountz, Omar, and Peter and Brittany all came. We had baked mostaccioli   with bread, salad, and appetizers for lunch. It was a lot of fun to have everyone together and celebrate little Ellie.
All the cousins 
18 days apart!
With our babies.
The grandparents with the youngest two.
Kelsey and the "twins"
the girls 
Calla and the babies
Ellie's cake.
Pops & Calla babysitting

In the afternoon the church was having their Fall Fest. Jon left around 2:00 to play in the soccer game and several of us followed shortly thereafter with the kids. I barely touched Ellie since soon after our arrival someone asked to hold her and she was passed around for the next two hours. I only reclaimed her when Calla came up and asked if she could hold Ellie. How could I say no? So I found Ellie and let Calla get a turn holding her for a bit. The weather was gorgeous and the desserts were still out. We also were there for the prize drawing. I didn't win anything but both Carly and Katelyn took home prizes. I suppose they deserved them, since they drove the furthest!

Thank you Carly, Katelyn, and Caleb for coming up for Ellie's baptism! It was so special to have you all here for the event.

Lastly, while we were taking pictures of all the cousins Calla declared that she wanted to hold "the baptized one." Of course Kelsey heard this, too, and said she wanted to hold the baptized one, too. That just got my funny bone. The baptized one.


No comments:

Post a Comment