Monday, October 8, 2012

Happy Birthday, Carly!

Today was Carly's 30th birthday. Happy Birthday, Carly! We hope that you had a wonderful birthday. We celebrated Carly's birthday this past summer when Corinne was still in the country. We actually celebrated it on the day they threw my surprise baby shower. We went for pedicures (and Carly also received a manicure) and ate dinner at Emily's. I have really enjoyed learning from Carly's experience as a Mom and appreciate her friendship! I still cannot believe that she drove the whole way to Pennsylvania with the kids and not Jonathan when Ellie was born. It was so much fun to have her and her wonderful children here!
Sisters pre-Ellie
Carly & Ellie

Introducing Ellie to the gang
Today was very uneventful. Ellie and I took a nap this morning because she was acting a bit off. She either wants to be nursing or at least held, but she wasn't always happy being held unless she was asleep. We went to Grandma and Grandpa's house for lunch along with Kelly and Clark. Grandma really spoils us here! We discussed the sisters and Caleb coming in for Ellie's baptism and we're all very excited!
After lunch Ellie and I stopped by Mimi's house to plan the menu for Sunday lunch. We are expecting 21 adults and 7 kids. I'm excited! It should be good. We headed home since I needed to shower (whoops!) and prepare for my piano lesson. Mom came over to watch Ellie again while I taught Brenda Haak's granddaughter, Brooke. Brenda told me though that Mom really doesn't need to drive the whole way out here if she's just sitting in the car - she could watch Ellie. OK then! We'll have to go with that next week. 
Jon came home shortly after Brooke left so Jon and I ate dinner. He went down to the basement to work on the bathroom while Ellie and I hung out upstairs and did some Bible study homework. In the basement Jon set up the drain and laid the concrete for the shower floor. Progress! When he had finished working I attempted to give him a haircut. I'm not too thrilled but hopefully it will look good by Sunday. No promises, though. 
I am so excited for the Canche girls, Caleb, Carly, and her kids to come I can hardly stand it! 

Ellieisms: 
Ellie is definitely more engaged by what she sees. Sometimes when she is discontent I just give her more to look at and she's happy. She also smiles more, too! (but not a lot. She's a very serious girl).

1 comment:

  1. Kim, thanks for the bday shout out! I'm so excited to come out that I can hardly stand it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete