![]() |
| This outfit only lasted her 3 hours. |
![]() |
| Adam, Hannah, and Ellie |
We headed to Mom's house afterwards where Clark was napping. Ellie had an appointment at Iron Mountains to test out a product so we headed that way after a diaper change and another snack. The product I was able to test was really neat: it was a swing with the capacity to remove the seat that then became a bouncer. I told the engineer, JP, that I would definitely like the product since it take two separate products and combines them into one. He asked if I would like the product instead of using my swing and bouncer and I told him I didn't have either product....yet. That reminded me though that I was going to borrow Kelly's swing for Ellie instead of buying one, since babies really don't use swings that long.
Ellie and I decided to swing by Walmart on our way back to Mom's house to pick up strawberries, candy corn, brown sugar, and nail polish. It was a random list but I wanted strawberries for tonight, brown sugar for tomorrow, nail polish for life, and candy corn because it's fall. We hung out at Mom's house and actually got to hear a bit about Carly's life through Mom's phone conversation. Around 4:00 I texted Jon and asked that he stop by the Fenton's to pick up the swing. He asked if I wanted to borrow theirs or if he could just bring one home from work. I told him whatever worked for me. Apparently he asked JP (the engineer from earlier) if there were any swings hanging around that he could take home and he gave him a brand new glider swing that will be on the market in a month or two. We are cutting edge around here, folks!
Heading home we arrived shortly before Jon, in time to pull out the leftover Tomatillo Chicken (for the fourth time). Fortunately we polished it off tonight! I suppose I need to start cooking again.
After dinner I threw the dishes in the dishwasher, sliced up the strawberries, and we were off to Peter and Brittany's. Brittany had texted this morning asking if we wanted to come by for some ice cream Sundaes tonight. I am almost up for ice cream and Jon and I both enjoy spending time with those two, so it was a great way to end the week. We ended up being there over three hours before heading home.
Tomorrow is GrannyLyn's funeral. The graveside service begins at 9:00 so we have an early morning. I better pack Ellie's bag and figure out what we all are wearing!
![]() |
| Listening to Mimi introduce the speaker |
![]() |
| Playing with her Boo Boo Bunny |
![]() |
| Enjoying her new glider swing |
Ellie was tooting very loudly today in public. First, at Moms Together she was distracting some of the moms then again at Peter & Brittany's. We'll have to work on her manners.





I'm sure it is nice that you can "throw the dishes in the dishwasher!" I wonder if Ellie is having a growth spurt? Do you ever try cluster feeding in the evenings?
ReplyDeleteMy babies always slept more like Ellie than Emmy. (-: just thought u should know! Ha
ReplyDeleteThat's great that you got a new swing!!! It looks super comfy
Katelyn: I know, I love my dishwasher! And in the evenings I basically feed her whenever she wants, so it's definitely more frequently than every two hours. Last night she did much better and only woke up once between midnight and 7:00. So it might just be a growth spurt!
ReplyDeleteCarly: The new swing is great!