Monday, October 1, 2012

Morning Coffee

This morning began with a cup of coffee and a bagel with Jon for breakfast. Jon noted that we used to drink coffee once a week - on Sundays. Now it has become almost a daily occurrence. It is nice to enjoy some time together before he heads off to work, though. Especially with some caramel and french vanilla creamer. If I don't lose the baby weight, you'll know why. 
I lazed around the house doing the dishes and picking up her room a bit. Laundry was also on the agenda so I put a load or two through. After Ellie soiled the sheets the other day I want to make sure the spare set is always clean! 
Kelly texted around 9:00 and said that we were invited to Grandma's house for lunch and that she and Clark would head over around 11:00. Ellie and I made it over around 11:15 and Grandma held Ellie for a bit before lunch. At one point of time Clark found Ellie's pacifier in her car seat and he took it over and held it close to Ellie's face until Grandma took it and pretended to give it to Ellie (Ellie was asleep). What a good cousin! Before lunch Grandma put Ellie down for a nap on her bed and she ended up sleeping for a while!

When we were sitting around talking after lunch we got on the subject of garages and Kelly said something about wanting to open her car windows since her car smelled like the trash in their garage. Grandpa generously offered to go out and put down her windows so that Clark would not get upset in Kelly's absence. Well, in an unfortunate turn of events Grandpa accidentally locked the keys in her car. Whoops! So Kelly left in search of a house key at Mom's without any luck. Fortunately this happened in Elverson so Kelly and Clark just hitched a ride over to Mom and Dad's where Clark took a nap and Kelly relaxed for a bit, since she couldn't do anything else (that works out!:). I stopped by at Mom's and nursed Ellie before heading home to clean up a bit more. 

My main reason for cleaning up (other than for Jon's sake) was I had a piano lesson today and Mom was babysitting Ellie. With Mom was babysitting Ellie at 5:00 I thought I should invite her and Dad over for dinner, since she had a Women's Committee meeting at 7:00. It was wonderful to have Mom watch Ellie during my 30 minute lesson since 5:00 tends to be a fussier time for the little girl. My lesson arrived 10 minutes early (well, closer to 15 minutes early but we started at ten til!) and those first ten minutes were interesting with Ellie wanting my attention. Ha. Oh well! Brooke, a third grader I teach (not Stoltzfus) didn't seem to mind. It helps that she has a one year old sister, I would think. 

Mom and Dad joined us in eating leftovers from Sunday lunch. I personally think it was just as good the second time around and Dad noted that they weren't leftovers to him since he hadn't eaten them before. They are easy to please! Mom headed out right after dinner and Dad hung around and chatted while holding Ellie until 7:45. After he left Jon had me log onto a website where we could watch GenSpan do some research. GenSpan is the research and development department at Iron Mountains. This week they are having first time expectant mom's come in and give their opinion on a slew of swings and similar products. We watched one woman who was interesting...I don't think she has much experience with babies. After observing the one "client" (which was about 45 minutes) Jon hung up the valances in Ellie's bedroom. Now I just need to hang her new stuff on the wall. Mom, Kelly - I need your help. 

Jon is getting deliriously silly. It's time for bed. 


Delivering Ellie's pacifier

Nap time on Grandma's bed
Hanging out.
Jonisms:
Jon says I need more followers. Apparently 2 aren't enough for his high blogging standards.

2 comments:

  1. I am a faithful reader! Plus, Haley and Emily should count, they usually watch me read. Also, thank you for including pictures of Clark, I was starting to forget what he looks like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need pictures of the hanging valances!!!! Love, Mimi

    ReplyDelete